Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hot Dog Soup

My grandmother introduced me to Hot Dog Soup years ago. Her original version was delicious, easy and very kid friendly. Since I can never resist tweaking recipes to make them healthier, I changed this one a bit. My kids love it, and it's still extremely quick and simple to throw together.



Hot Dog Soup

1 package turkey hot dogs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 28 oz can baked beans
1 26 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups beef broth
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp chopped garlic
4 tbsp butter

Melt butter in large soup pot. Add onion and garlic and saute until golden. Add sliced hot dogs and brown slightly. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to low boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.

Makes about 10-12 main dish servings

No comments:

Post a Comment