Friday, April 27, 2012

Quick and Easy Kielbasa and Cabbage

This is another recipe for which I owe the credit to my grandmother. She got it from a co-worker, and our family has enjoyed it for years as a quick, tasty, weeknight meal. It requires only a few ingredients and is very simple to throw together. It's great for a busy night, and there's usually plenty of leftovers for quick lunches.



Kielbasa and Cabbage

1 medium head of cabbage, chopped into 1" strips
1 large onion, chopped
5 tbsp butter
1 bag Egg Noodles (regular or whole-wheat)
2 packages of Kielbasa (regular or light)

Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook Egg Noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan on stove top. Add cabbage and onions, and saute until tender.

Slice Kielbasa into 1" slices. Add to cabbage and onions. Cook until heated through.

Add cooked Egg Noodles to cabbage mixture. Cook and stir until noodles are buttery, and cabbage and noodles are well mixed.

Yield: 12-15 main dish servings

Chicken Scratch NY

9 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love cabbage, we usually go through 2 a week (for two of us!) and my fiance in polish so he l-o-v-e-s kielbasa. Can't wait to try this out. I've got it pinned,

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cluckin! I'm your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting and following! I'm glad you like the recipe!

      Delete
  2. I love sausage and egg noodles so this is my kind of recipe!Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a note so I could find you! I am now following you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Serena! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. New follower from bloggymom. This recipe sounds delicious! I'll have to make it soon. If you could check out my link and like me on facebook I'd appreciate it. Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/WhatsCookingInTheBurbs

    ReplyDelete