Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sun Room Makeover Times Two

This past summer we finally got around to painting our sun room. It went from being a problem area, with dated stenciling, and a leaky ceiling, to an oasis of calm in our house.


The soothing green that we choose transformed to whole space.We purchased new cushions for the sofa and chairs, to replace those that the dog has chewed. The bold blue stripes play well against the crisp walls. The room looks all dressed up for when company comes.



For everyday use though, we pack away the good cushions, and put the old ones back on. Because...we still have a dog that chews them. And we have kids that decide that the sun room is great place to wage full out Nerf wars. So they build forts....



Oh well, at least it's a nice, quiet retreat...sometimes!

linking to:  Earning My Cape

13 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! Amazing how just a few things can totally change a space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time we put a fresh coat of paint on a room, we wonder why we didn't do it sooner!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a charming place to while away a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby and I feel like we're on a date when we have coffee out there on the weekends.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous room, I love it! I would be happy to sit quietly and read in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your humor. I love that your house can be a quiet retreat and can also be filled with kids being kids having fun. Love the new look the sun room has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life with kids is not always picture perfect. I try to manage the chaos, and enjoy it too.

      Delete
  5. WOW! I LOVE it! Amazing what fresh paint will do.

    Now you just need a quiet morning and a cup of coffee...oh wait, you have kids and a dog! What was I thinking! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If I get up early enough, sometimes I can manage a bit of quiet in the morning.

      Delete