Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shots of Spring

My husband was given pretty, rainbow hued shot glasses at an office gift exchange one year. Since life with three kids doesn't really lend itself to indulge in drinking shots very often, they've been sitting on a high shelf in the kitchen cabinet, forgotten.

The other day M-girl came running in from the backyard with the shortest stemmed bouquet ever. All of my vases were far too big, but I didn't want to disappoint her. What a happy surprise to find the shot glasses!



I sent M-girl back out to gather more tiny bouquets. Soon we had some lovely shots of spring!












6 comments:

  1. what a cute idea and the shot glasses are the perfect size for tiny handed bouquets the kiddos bring in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How pretty. I suspect you will have tiny bouquets all summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many would have re-gifted or donated those glasses under the "we won't use them" theory, but if they had they would bot have had the opportunity you did to make something new and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy myself that I kept and then found those glasses! My daughter already has plans to keep them filled as long as our garden is in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah so cute and lovely that Spring is finally here!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy & Alissa

    ReplyDelete