Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ham and Broccoli Bread

We're trying to use up the Easter leftovers around here. Last night I made a family favorite for dinner, Ham and Broccoli Bread. I make the dough in my bread machine, but it could easily be made with purchased dough. It makes a nice, light meal along with a salad.

My pictures are from a time when I made Cheddar and Broccoli Bread without ham, but the idea is the same.

Ham and Broccoli Bread

1 lb. pizza dough (I use whole wheat)
2 cups chopped, cooked ham
2 cups frozen broccoli cuts (cooked and cooled)
1/4 cup diced onion
1&1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tbsp Sea Salt
Pizza Sauce for dipping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Shape dough into a ball. On floured surface, roll out into a rectangle, approximately 10x15. The measurements don't have to be exact.

Sprinkle dough evenly with ham, broccoli, onion, and cheese - leaving about 1 inch around the edges.



Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.

Working from the longer side, roll dough gently like a jelly-roll. Seal the edge by pinching. Fold the sides down to seal.

Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.*

Spray bread with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Sea Salt. Cut 5 or 6slits in the top of loaf for steam to escape.

Bake for 18- 20 minutes, until golden brown.

yields 10 - 12 hearty slices

*At this point the bread can be refrigerated until ready to bake.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Hope you had a great holiday. I am returning your follow and look forward to many more visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I too, look forward to future discussions!

      Delete
  2. Oh yummy!! I could lose myself in all these recipes. I can't wait to try them. The carrot shaped scones look amazing!

    I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me! I'm looking forward to more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had a lot of fun making the scones! I enjoyed your posts as well!

      Delete