Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kitty Cat Birthday

Around here, our pets are a part of the family. They're a part of the family that eats the same, dry food all of the time and gets left at home when we go on vacation, but still they're valued. We even make them cake on their birthdays. Of course then we eat it right in front of them, but the thought is there, right?

 
M-girl and D-boy took charge of decorating the cake for the cats' recent birthday. It was yummy, and you could tell just by looking at them how much the cats appreciated it. That's what it was all about, the cats' happiness...really. I mean, it wasn't just an excuse to have cake or anything.



See how thrilled they look! Priceless.

What about you? How do you spoil your pets?

10 comments:

  1. We're between pets right now but when I was a kid I had a pet rat and on her birthday(?) I bought her a life size rubber rat to keep her company. She chewed it into a fine pile of powdered rubber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww a rat? I'm sure it was very cute, really:)Our dog is the same way with toys, she'll destroy everything that she loves.

      Delete
  2. How sweet and funny. Your cats are obviously loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously spoiled rotten by the kids. My daughter pushes them around in her old doll stroller, and lets them hog her pillow at night.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to them! They are adorable and hope the cake was yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was good, and I'm still (almost) sure that the cats really appreciated us eating it!

      Delete
  4. Aww, they got cake for their birthday. My cat feels so jealous now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to have inspired feline jealousy. I should have seen it coming, cats notice everything!

      Delete